Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Singers: Tom Jones

Tom Jones is probably my favorite singer/performer of all time. The man could and still can "bring it".

It was my ninth birthday and my father bought "gold" tickets to see Tom Jones at the War Memorial Theater in Rochester, N.Y. We were maybe ten or eleven rows back from the stage and I was sooooo excited to see him. I was too young to understand or care about all the panty throwing and pheromones in the air... man, I just wanted to see and hear him sing.  AND HE DID!  After seeing Tom Jones live, there was no doubt in my young little brain that I wanted to be "just like him" when I grew up, well maybe not just like him...Thanks Tom.

Keep in mind, the clips below are live. No pitch correction, no lip syncing. His presentation is amazing and particularly pay attention to his final notes in both songs. Dead on. I don't know of many singers who can pull it off these days. A grand, and what should be mandatory aspiration, I think, for all singers of this day and age!




As long as you are out there "Bringing It" Tom...I'll be your biggest fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment